Greek Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt Vinaigrette
Greek Grilled Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt Vinaigrette
For the Chicken:
1 large chicken breast
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dried dill
For the Vinaigrette:
Adapted from The Kitchen
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1/2 medium lemon)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt (you can leave it out if you want it to be dairy-free)
For the Salad:
1 lb. chopped romaine lettuce
1 cucumber, washed, peeled and chopped
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup feta, crumbled
To Make the Chicken:
1. Combine garlic, lemon zest, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, pepper and dill in a medium bowl. Place chicken in bowl and coat with marinade. Refrigerate and marinate at least an hour.
2. To grill chicken, heat grill and cook about 5-10 minutes per side, until juices run clear and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove from grill and allow to rest at least 5 minutes.
3. Slice and set aside.
To Make the Vinaigrette:
1. Place all the ingredients in a pint glass jar.
2. Seal the jar and shake vigorously until emulsified, about 30 seconds.
3. Use immediately or refrigerate up to 1 week, shaking to emulsify again before use.
To Make the Salad:
1. Place lettuce, cucumber, onion, tomato and feta in a large serving bowl and toss to combine. Serve with grilled chicken slices and vinaigrette dressing in individual bowls.