White Chocolate-Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies
If you want a really fun and crowd-pleasing holiday cookie, then these are for you!
White-Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies
Adapted from Our Best Bites
Yields 3 dozen
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
14 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
8 oz. vanilla candy coating or white chocolate wafers
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
2. Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla and peppermint extracts and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low, slowly add flour mixture, and beat until combined. (If dough is extra soft, refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until firmed up.)
3. Place about 1/3 cup extra sugar in a dish. Use a cookie scoop to make uniform size balls, roll them in the sugar and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Using a flat-bottomed drinking glass, flatten each ball just slightly (about 3/4-inch thickness).
4. Bake until edges are set and beginning to barely brown but centers are still soft and puffy, 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
5. Melt candy coating or white chocolate wafers according to directions on package. Dip cookies halfway into coating and sprinkle peppermint candies on top. Repeat with each cookie. Let cool and serve.