Peaches 'n Cream Bars
Let's say you're walking through your local grocery store and eye the peach display. And if you live in Utah like me, you know you should buy some. We've all been there when the peaches look so good you buy a little too many and the next thing you know you have some very ripe peaches that need to be used right away.
Enter these peaches and cream bars...They are a decadent and rich way to turn your peaches into an incredible dessert.
They are really so easy to make and so good that my husband seriously wouldn't let me share them with the neighbors...True story.
If you are looking for a dessert that will wow your family or friends, this is the one. The bar ingredients all easily fit into an 8x8-inch pan, but don't worry there will be plenty to share.
Peaches ’n Cream Bars
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
1 cup flour
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
10 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cold and cubed
1 large egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped (about 1.5 cups)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp. cream or milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides for easy removal. Spray foil with nonstick spray.
2. Make the crust/topping: In a large bowl, whisk the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon together until combined. Cut in the cold butter using a pastry blender or your hands until it reaches coarse, pea-sized crumbs. Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture that will be used for the topping.
3. Evenly press the remaining oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes as you prepare the filling.
4. Make the filling: Whisk the egg and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the flour and salt. Whisk until combined. Fold in the peaches. Remove crust from the oven after 15 minutes and pour the filling over hot crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
5. Bake for 30-32 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to chill for 2 hours before cutting into squares.
6. Make the vanilla glaze: Using a fork or spoon, whisk/stir the powdered sugar, cream and vanilla extract together until smooth. Drizzle over each square. Store bars tightly covered in the refrigerator. Bars stay fresh for up to 4 days.