Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing
So this is probably the best and worst recipe I have ever found. Not only have I always been obsessed with cinnamon rolls, but I absolutely love the Cini-minis from Burger King. Now that I can make my very own in about five easy steps, I might just go hide in a closet with a whole batch and eat them all by myself. I saw these on Pinterest and then found the recipe at Iowa Girl Eats. Holy moly these are good and extremely easy, which is a bad combination. Anyway, go buy a tube of crescent roll dough and make these now! Seriously.
Makes 16 mini cinnamon rolls
1 (8oz) tube crescent roll dough
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven according to crescent roll dough package directions. Lay out half the dough (4 triangles) and pinch all the seams together. Flip over and pinch the seams on the backside as well.
2. Using a rolling pin, smooth the seams and roll the dough into a square about 1/4″ thick. Brush with half the butter, and sprinkle with as much cinnamon and brown sugar as you want. Roll into a log and cut into 8 pieces with kitchen shears or knife.
3. Place mini cinnamon rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the other half of the crescent roll dough.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile whisk together maple syrup and milk in a bowl. Add in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.