Toasted S'mores Rice Krispies Treats
Toasted S’mores Rice Krispies Treats
1/4 cup butter
10 oz. mini marshmallows, reserve 1/2 cup for topping
5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
5 snack size Hershey’s chocolate bars, roughly chopped
3 whole graham crackers, roughly crushed in ziploc bag
1. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows (except for reserved 1/2 cup) and stir continuously. Once completely melted, remove from heat and gently fold in Rice Krispies cereal.
2. Pour into a lightly-greased 9x13-inch pan and press down. Top evenly with 1/2 cup of marshmallows.
3. Place the pan in the oven and broil for 30-60 seconds or until marshmallows are golden brown. Be sure to watch the entire time to avoid burning.
4. Let cool 3-5 minutes then top with chocolate and graham cracker pieces.
5. Cut into squares and serve.