My Favorite Things: A Holiday Gift Guide 2016
I'm here to kick off another of my "favorite things" gift guide. I put one together last year and had a lot of fun doing it. Here are some things that I own and love and a few I'm putting on my wish list!
FOR THE FOODIE
1. Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker: If you haven't noticed by now, pressure cookers are making a major comeback! And they're not the scary, could-possibly-explode stovetop ones anymore. They're electric and so easy to use! I got one for my birthday and I've had so much fun trying it out. You can make ANYTHING in them and quickly, too. Soups, whole chickens, a roast, meat dishes, veggies, yogurt and even dessert! The Instapot seems to be the crowd favorite, but I got this one for $70 at Kohl's and love it.
2. OXO Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula: I got a couple of these as a wedding gift years ago and they are my favorite spatulas. Not only are they perfect for scooping cookies up off the baking sheet, but they work great to flip pancakes, french toast, eggs and are great with ceramic pans.
3. Tramontina Ceramic-Reinforced Nonstick Fry Pans: Speaking of ceramic pans, I've been wanting some forever now and at $30 for 3 pans, these are awesome! I've loved them so far because they are the easiest pans to clean and they cook food so evenly. Make sure to read the instructions on how to care for them to be sure they'll last!
4. Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons: I've recently switched over to using stainless steel cups and spoons for measuring and I love them! You get an even measure every time and they can't melt on the dishwasher drying element or break like the plastic ones. ;) Plus they're pretty. Win-win.
FOR THE ARTSY ONE
Citrus on Black Print: This is a print I had wanted forever and my husband finally bought it for me for my birthday. Isn't it the prettiest photograph? It looks perfect in our kitchen! It's a digital download and can be printed up to a 24x32" poster size. The artist also created one with a white backdrop. They're both so awesome!
2. Sharpie Pens: I got these for Christmas last year and love them. I use them primarily for journal writing and the best part is they don't bleed through the page! It's fun to use something other than a black pen to write with once in a while. And the price can't be beat!
3. Umbra Hangit Photo Display: This right here is my new favorite piece of artwork. I wanted something to hang 4x4" prints of my Instagram photos that I could rotate often and I found the perfect solution. It's now my favorite thing to look at in my home. You can connect your Instagram account on Walgreen's photo website and they'll print the 4x4" photos for you. And don't forget to check for a coupon, they always have 'em!
4. Chatbooks with Rifle Paper Co.: We all know by now that Chatbooks are the thing to have when it comes to making your Instagram account a keepsake, but this year, Rifle Paper Co. has collaborated with them and the books are GORGEOUS. Rifle is amazing every time. These would make the best gift, too!
FOR THE BEAUTY GURU
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder: I like to keep things simple when it comes to makeup, but I couldn't believe how much I loved this stuff. I've never filled my eyebrows before, but a little bit of this powder gives them so much more definition. And not in an overdone way at all. It's crazy how spotty eyebrows seem without it. It stays on all day and comes off super easy at night. Love it!
2. NYX Eyeshadow Base: I saw this on a blog one day and was intrigued. It seems weird to put white on your eyelid before you put on eyeshadow, but man does it make your eyeshadow last so much longer. And the colors pop more, too! It only takes a little bit to do the job and you'll love the results.
3. NSPA Exotically Creamy Coconut Rich Body Butter: I got a little sample of this and am in love! It is so moisturizing and has the BEST smell ever. It is also sold on Amazon (for more than double the price), but you'll get it faster.
4. Tiny Letter Initial Ring: I bought a couple of these with my boy's initials on 'em and love the simplicity of them! There are 4 different finishes to choose from and you can't beat $13 for a custom sterling silver ring!
MY WISH LIST
Quarter Sheet Pans: I barely found out these existed and I'm so excited to get me some. There are so many times when I want to warm up or cook something small in the oven and all I need is a little pan. Enter these quarter sheet pans. Brilliant!
2. The I Heart Naptime Cookbook: I recently started following this blog and Jamielyn's cookbook looks amazing! So many family-friendly, easy and delicious looking meals! Can't wait to get my copy!
3. The Pioneer Woman Collection: I love the Pioneer Woman and her product line at Walmart is beautiful! So many pretty dishes, cookware, bakeware, etc. This floral one has always been a favorite and she comes out with a new line every few months. Be sure to check out her new holiday collection!
4. Tramontina Enameled Cast Iron Round Dutch Oven: I have wanted an enameled dutch oven for years, but have never wanted to dish out the dough. Then the other day I was walking through Sam's Club and found this beauty. Only $40! And it comes in so many great colors. So excited to get this and start putting it to use!
And there you have it, another fun gift guide! Hope you can find something for your friends, family or even yourself!
*This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own.