Everything Hummus and Homemade Toasted Pita Chips
This really does make the perfect afternoon snack!
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
3 cups cooked cannellini/great northern beans (or 2 cans, drained and rinsed)
6 Tbsp. olive oil + more for drizzling
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
1/2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1/2 Tbsp. dried minced garlic
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine dried onion, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Toss to mix and set aside.
2. Add beans and roasted garlic to a food processor and pulse and blend until combined the beans begin to puree, about 2-3 minutes. With the processor still going, stream in olive oil and sesame oil, blending continuously for a few minutes (and scraping down the sides if needed) until as smooth as desired. Add salt and taste, adding more if desired but remember - all of the seasoning will go on top.
3. Add hummus to a bowl and mix in half of the everything seasoning. Drizzle with extra olive oil. Pour the rest of the seasoning overtop and serve immediately.
Homemade Toasted Pita Chips
Source: Ina Garten
1 package pita bread
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut each pita bread in quarters and each quarter in half to make 8 triangles. Place them in a single layer on a sheet pan and sprinkle lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes, until crisp, turning once.