Copycat Winger's Asphalt Pie
Jordan's birthday was a couple of weeks ago and since he loves mint anything I decided to make his asphalt pie for his "birthday cake."
I know this isn't much of a recipe, but I love being able to adjust the Oreo to ice cream ration. I love my Oreo's kids.
Because the best part of this pie? The real winner? It's the THICK Oreo crust. Thee best part I tell you.
*Disclaimer: Make sure you share this with friends or family because you can and might easily eat it yourself in a matter of two or fewer days.
Copycat Winger’s Asphalt Pie
About half a package of Oreo cookies
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
1.5 quart mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
Can of Reddi-Whip Cream
1. Take ice cream out of freezer and set on counter to soften.
2. Drop about 1 to 1½ row(s) of Oreo cookies into a blender and pulse until you get fine crumbs. (You’ll need 2 cups worth.)
3. Drop 4-6 Oreos into the blender and pulse into large chunks. Set aside.
4. Combine the 2 cups of Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press down into bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. (A deep dish pie pan works great for this.)
5. Scoop ice cream onto the crust and spread until completely covered. Put in freezer for at least 3 hours.
6. Before serving each slice, top with reserved Oreo’s, caramel and whipped cream.